“Honesty and transparency are the keys to ensuring the client is always in the driving seat.”
Jonathan believes that challenges should be treated as opportunities to build resilience and provide the forward momentum to successfully achieve his clients’ goals.
A keen racing enthusiast, Jonathan established and led a team in the Porsche Carrera Cup, one of Australia’s leading motor sport series.
When it comes to his clients, however, Jonathan takes a steadier approach. He’s aware that one aspect of tax often impacts another which is why he prides himself on delivering a ‘whole of tax’ solution.
Jonathan’s natural warmth and empathy allows him to form a close rapport with his clients. However, he knows that for his clients to make informed decisions they need transparency and a clear understanding of the issues at hand. Combining a commercial perspective with a wealth of tax and broader business knowledge, Jonathan effectively and efficiently gets the job done.
Determination to succeed and an attitude to always ‘do better’ meant Jonathan successfully built (from scratch) the non-legal services arm of one of Australia’s leading mid-tier law firms. Jonathan is now known to his industry peers as one of Australia’s leading GST advisors within the property sector.
- Federal and state indirect taxes including GST and stamp duty
- Resolving tax disputes with revenue authorities
- Overall structuring of corporate groups and transactions to achieve commercial objectives and most appropriate tax outcomes
- Assisting clients with overall approaches to tax governance and tax risk management
- Bachelor of Economics
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow of CPA Australia
- Member of the Tax Institute of Australia
- Property development and asset holding
- Health and aged care
- Technology and manufacturing
- Financial services